Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Britty and myself turn 1

On Saturday, the 5th of August, Britty and myself officially turned 1 year old! One year has gone so fast, and has been extremely exciting! If 18 months ago someone would have told me that in 18 months time, I would be living in Germany, with a beautiful German chick, there is no way I would have believed them!

To celebrate our anniversary we went to a restaurant just below our flat. It was quite expensive, but because it was a special occasion we decided just to sit down, and not worry about the price. I had some chicken, with lemon sauce, and Britty had fish, with a tomato filled with vegetables. Both meals also came with the standard German potatoes!

After dinner we decided we would stay in, and play some poker. During the match we had some of the best hands I have ever seen. I had to take a photo of this one! Check it out.


I was dealt a pair of Aces, and Britty was dealt a pair of Kings! At this stage Britty was winning the match, but I put most my money (Monopoly money of course, we are too poor to buy chips) in, and managed to almost double up when the cards fell my way.

The last hand of the match was also very exciting. We were pretty much both all in. We flipped over the cards with just the river to go, and Britty had already made a low Straight. She had also grabbed the big pile of money as to claim the win! I had an 8 and 9, and the only card in the deck that could help me was a 7. On the river I hit 7 and somehow won the match with a higher Straight! I also claimed the pile of money! :)

We both had great time on our 1st Anniversary, and I know there are many more anniversaries to come!

2 comments:

Kim said...

happy anniversary!!!

Dubai Saver said...

Hey hey!! Congratulations Scott & Brita! Wow, it just seems like yesterday that we were all having lunch and drinks at the Nathan Campus Club.

I can relate to what you are saying hey Scott. I knew I always wanted to work overseas, but if you had told me a year ago I would be working in Dubai, doing all the things I am doing, and having met the people I have, I would not have believed it, haha.