Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Flat in Kiel

Kiel is a port city in the north of Germany with a population of about 250,000. Kiel is about 100kms from Hamburg, which is Germany's second largest city. Britty and myself live on a nice quite street, close to shops, markets, and in walking/riding distance to the water front. Here are some photos from Google Earth.

Germany from above. I have marked our flat. Just above Hamburg.

Getting a little closer, our place is again marked. It is about a 20 - 25 minute walk to the city centre of Kiel. There is also quite a lot of water front area, great for walking, riding, and skating!

Even closer now. The "Car Park," serves as both a car park, and a market area. Markets are mainly fruit and vegetables, with some stalls selling fresh fish, and cheese. Strawberries from these markets are just fantastic, but quite expensive. On Sunday and Wednesday nights, you can not park in the market site, making finding a park very difficult.

Close Up of our Street.


Britty and myself live in a one bedroom flat. I guess the best way to describe it is with some photos.

Outside, ours is the building painted blue at the bottom.

Our messy bed room.

My computer fits perfectly on the desk Britty bought before I arrived.

The Lounge Room, which also doubles as the spare room. Don't worry Chad it has a door!!!!

The little bath room. At one time these flats didn't even have a bathroom, and you were required to share with four other flats. Some places are still like this!

The Kitchen.

Cupboards??

Nein!! I love dishwashers!

All in all I have to say that Britty did a great job of finding us a place to live. Thanks beautiful!!

Everyone keep well. Enjoy the weekend!

Scott

1 comment:

Scotto said...

Hey Knockout I agree with you that I love hidden diswashers! I Just wish the fridge was a little bigger, that is all.